Thursday, June 14, 2007

You Just Can't Make This #$% Up!

This evening I was at work, typing away, deep in thought. Suddenly I feel like someone is watching me and look over and my friend Lindsay is staring at me.

"You know what - I've finally figured it out... whenever you are around a man, you become stupid!"

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, momentarily offended.

She starts listing off a few examples, then cites the best and most recent example from earlier in the day:

Scene: I'm standing around with a group of co-workers, and I'm talking away a mile-a-minute, the center of attention, and having an attentive audience. Suddenly one of the male managers walks up as I am mid-sentence, and then this pops out of my mouth: ". . . only 76 out of 100 employees attended the meeting. That's like 50%!!"

***awkward silence***

Finally Lindsay pipes up, "Actually I think that would be closer to 76%!"


Ok.... it is true - I really do become stupid around men...

No comments:

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.