Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Big 3-0

I didn't realize how much time has passed since my last blog entry; in fact I have even missed a few Change of Shift entries! Time has just been flying by!

Speaking of time flying by: Today I turned 30. I have been dreading this day for almost a year. It would make me angry, sad, scared... But last night that all changed.

I had a wonderful night out last night on my "Last night of my 20's B-day Bash." I normally don't do birthdays, but this year I cut loose. A group of us went out for supper to Boston Pizza, and then a few from the group brached off to a local bar for drinks, dancing and laughs. I had a fabulous time (I'm sure all the drinks people were buying me really helped!) Besides all the fun that I had, it was nice that so many people were willing to spend the evening with me. It really meant a lot to me. There were others that I really wish could've spent this important milestone evening with me, but, oh well.

One thing that changed my perspective about fearing being 30 was the fact that I had a mixed age group with me; some early 20's, some early 30's, some 40's, and even some 50's. And yet everyone was having a great time and knew how to party. It just made me realize that life does not end at 30, and I still have many years of fun ahead of me :-)

(From left to right: Patti, ME, Akita, Angie (in the back), Sari)

1 comment:

Prisca: said...

Happy Birthday! :)

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.