Sunday, November 13, 2005

Oh Woe Is Me

Wow time flies - has been over two months since I last posted! And of course once again I have another klutzy story, and am using the time I'm SUPPOSED to be working on an assignment to mess around on the computer - what else is new!

This months injury I have avoided the ER at all costs - too stubborn. I decided to just suck it up and deal with it (tomorrow I HAVE to go to the Dr though!) A quarter of the way around Blvd lake, deep in coversation with my buddy Anthe, I end up sprawled out on the path and messed up my ankle! And here we are, two nursing students, looking at each other like, "now what!" And of course nothing is open on a Sunday to get any crutches, and of course I couldn't buy a core floor home, and of course Molly has to go outside 10 times a day....ANYWAYS! Thankfully a friend's mom has loaned me a pair of crutches so that has made a big difference...and every time I start to feel sorry for myself, I think of poor Mali (the former homeowner of my beautiful house), in a foreign country, receiving foreign medical care, hobbling around on a full leg cast....

Working the night shift is still going well - although I do believe I reached burnout at some point over the past couple weeks. First I got the flu, then some pretty bad migraines, then wrote a test where I couldn't even recall some pretty basic terms. After the test we had a short lecture on stress (how appropriate) and I really don't remember a thing!!

Started clinical Oct 31. I am at *****, a beautiful brand new nursing home. Nice to finally get some patient contact besides just learning theory "stuff" (just can't stand our clinical teacher - I swear she has it out for me!) Only two more weeks. Actually only 3 more weeks of school, then exams, then freedom for a month (YAY) Can hardly wait! I need a break - this three day weekend was awesome, even though I got injured, it was still a nice break!!!!!

Anyways back to my assignment - due Friday, haven't even STARTED it yet and I've known about it since the beginning of September!

Toodles

No comments:

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.