Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Driving fast in your car...I've got you tracked on my radar..."

Tonight I learned that I am not allowed to listen to Gwen Stefani's song "Crash" while I am driving. I just LOVE that song and get totally engrossed in it! And I also learned that I am definitely headed in the right direction career wise!

On my way home on a major intersection I was totally jamming to my song and didn't notice how fast I was going.... sure enough I see red flashing lights in my rearview mirror. Well apparently I have a twin in the city... hottie cop comes up to my window and says, "Hey, I know you - you work at the hospital. Slow it down a bit will ya." And he let me go! Believe me, I would have remembered if I knew HIM!!! Wow!!!! Anyways.... where was I??

So I slow it down, turn up my song again, (big mistake) and not even 5 minutes later I see flashing lights in my rearview mirror! I was speeding AGAIN! Just a couple blocks from where I was pulled over a few minutes before!!! Not-quite-so-hottie cop comes up to my window and says. "The speed limit is 50 you know...oh hi! You work at the hospital don't you? Keep up the good work." And he let me go! So off my iPod went and I went 20 all the way home!

If you are at all familiar with the lyrics, it was a very appropriate song - thank goodness this part didn't apply: "Put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up..."

Back to slow love songs only in my vehicle....and nothing will stop me in my career in medicine now!!! Someday I really will be that girl who works at the hospital!

No comments:

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.