Saturday, August 04, 2007

Update (modified August 4th)

I'm still here!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around, just busy as usual. I just came back from holidays last Sunday. I went to visit my parents for five days, and although the weather was insanely hot, averaging around 110, we still went blueberry picking, worked in the garden, worked on the wood supply, and worked in the yard! So it was a working vacation, yet I still felt refreshed. I had the opportunity to visit with people I haven't seen in years! My best friend Wendy from high school came down for a visit too, which was nice, as I hadn't seen her in at least 2 years. She had a baby girl 2 years ago, and this is the first time I got to see her! There were also several couples that I had grown up with and spent a lot of time with that I got to see again. One couple I hadn't seen in 12 years, another 14 years! So it was nice visiting and catching up.

Visiting the country is always a pleasant experience, and I forget what a country girl I am at heart (except for the bugs - I always forget how much the bugs drive me insane!) I really do miss a lot about living in the country - the peace and quiet, the closeness of friends and neighbours, etc. There are a few things I don't miss, though - as already mentioned, the bugs, snakes, bears, DIAL-UP INTERNET, stores closed at 5 pm (no 24 hour conveniences), most stores being closed on Sundays. Amazing how you get used to the conveniences!

I took quite a few pictures out at my parents place to show some friends at work. Apparantly Molly was in almost every one of them. One coworker pointed out: "I swear you are the only person I know who goes on vacation and takes pictures of her dog instead of the scenery." Ah huh....and your point? ;-)

So I just put in a week at work, and now I am on vacation again! My plans this time are to work around my house as I have so much yard work I would like to get done, plus I may go camping a couple of times. I am off work all next week, have to go to work Monday, August 13th, and then am off for the rest of that week (bummer to have my vacation broken up like that, but, that's the way it works out!) I had planned a road trip either to the maritimes, into the states, or to BC, but another time. I'd really like to get some work done on the house, and am content with that.

My blogging will probably still be very minimal over the next few weeks as I will continue to be pretty busy.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that I am OK and all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.