Saturday, July 14, 2007

How Happy Are You?

As seen on Oprah, psychologists claim it is possible to measure your happiness. This study was created by Ed Diener, a psychologist from the University of Illinois.

You may find this eye opening! I sure did!

To each of the 5 statements below, decide whether you agree or disagree using the following 1-7 scale:


1. Strongly disagree
2. Disagree
3. Slightly disagree
4. Neither agree nor disagree
5. Slightly agree
6. Agree
7. Strongly agree

And begin:
  • In most ways my life is close to ideal. ___
  • The conditions of my life are excellent. ___
  • I am satisfied with my life. ___
  • So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life. ___
  • If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing. ___

Total up your score, and your result will be out of 35.

Results:

If you scored between 31-35 you are considered extremely satisfied.
If you scored 15 or below, you are considered dissatisfied with your life.

So, how happy are YOU?

No comments:

My Nursing Degree Online - Directory of online nursing degrees and certifications, job listings and nursing blog.